Saturday, March 1, 2014

On Ryan Miller

If I were to use one word to describe former Sabres goalie Ryan Miller, that word would be unappreciated.

Buffalo fans can be brutal out of frustration and/or ignorance and/or jealousy, and on many occasions they took their frustrations out on Miller.

I have written 49 pieces on the Miller, most all in his defense so I'm not gonna go there. If you want, you can scan his link by clicking here.

I had started this blog back in August of 2010 with my Sabres 40th Anniversary team.

Miller was an honorable mention in net behind Dominik Hasek and Don Edwards.

At the time he was still relatively young win a only a decent amount of games under his belt and he had just had his Vezina year. But more was needed.

And over the last three and a half years, more was found, with no better a season than the present one in which he faced a year of uncertainty backstopping the worst team in the league.

He heads to St. Louis and immediately makes them one of the top contenders for the Cup this year.

And I hope he gets it.

There's nothing I'd like better than to see Miller tooling around Buffalo in the Mr. Softee truck with the theme song blaring and Stanley Cup in tow.

Good luck to a true pro and a helluva goalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment