|jason pomminville "roaring" to the net|
for the go-ahead/game-winning goal
- three unanswered goals in the second period in a span of less than four minutes to erase a two-goal philly lead
- rick jeanneret saying things like "andrej sekera would not be denied! he just kept his nose to the grindstone!"..."jason pomminville roaring to the net deflects it home!"
- the pomminville goal giving buffalo the lead after the flyers tied the game on a short-handed goal
- paul gaustad venomously going after chris pronger in a prolonged scrum around the flyers net
- pomminville and shaone morrison going after kris versteeg after versteeg's post-whistle poking at ryan miller
- winning this game without a bonafide #1 or #2 center...again...still
- nhl on the fly pointing out that the sabres scored four goals by going to the net
|paul gaustad seems to have re-discovered|
physicality and edginess
is it the pegula-effect?...4-0-2 since he declared that "the reason for the existence of the buffalo sabres is to win the stanley cup"
is it the roy(less)-effect?...17-8-4 with roy out of the line-up
is it the road?...10-2-2 this calender year (11-3-2 since roy's injury)
whatever it is, fans will jump behind a winner, and right now, this team is winning...
i've often stated over the last three-plus seasons that i don't have an emotional attatchment to this team...to individual players?...yes...but as a team they don't come close to any of my favorites over their existence...
|patty k looks up from the net after getting leveled|
tyler ennis scored on that play